Tuesday, March 21, 2006

onehugeeye said...

Dear Hugh...

What flavour is the filling of Cadbury's eggs?



OneHugeEye,

Thank you for re-visiting me with yet another complex and tasking question.

This particular investigation could be compared to some of the great cases of the 20th Century including, "What is the definition of the word Nice?" by the late great Francis George Randle back in the 1980s, or "What does red look like?" by an annoying French kid I once knew.

I knew from the start that this investigation would be taxing so I took to it right away by visiting my local Tesco Metro and purchasing a pack of 12 Cadbury's Creme Eggs. One by one I investigated them closely, scribbling down my thoughts after each one. Here are my results:

Egg 1: Cremey
Egg 2: Chocolatey
Egg 3: Tasty
Egg 4: Sticky
Egg 5: Sugary
Egg 6: Sickly
(TOILET BREAK)
Egg 7: Refreshing (after the break)
Egg 8: Over-bearing
(15 minute running around the room break)
Egg 9: Depression-inducing
(30 minute 'coming down' period)
Egg 10: Revolting
Egg 11: Lacking the will to live
(50 minute break to talk it over with the Samaritans)
Egg 12: Relieved
(I slept here for 12 hours)


It was a gruelling task, and sadly without a satisfying conclusion.

I looked into Cadbury's Creme Eggs a little more...


  • Did you know that there are 175 calories in a single creme egg? That means I consumed 2100 calories in one sitting.
  • This is genuinely on the Cadbury-Schweppes website:
    • FAQs

      Why has the size of the egg changed?

      It hasn't - you've just grown up!

  • Brilliant. Clearly this isn't the place to get straight answers.
I tried a new tact at this stage. I always thought it strange that Creme was not spelled Cream, as it seemed to have a creamy centre...

CREME is an acronym for:
Commission Régionale d'Évaluation Médicale des Établissements


My A-level French allows me to translate this as the 'Regional Commission for the Medical Evaluation of Eggs' (or something like that)

Cracking! They seemed to be the perfect people to ask what the filling of a Cadbury's Creme Egg actually tasted of.

Their answer was simple:

Sugar. Sugar Sugar Sugar and more Sugar.

A disappointing but conclusive response.

My 12 egg experiment leads me to concur also.

Off to have my stomach pumped....

Hugh Evans PI





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGH EVANS PI I think you are doing a wonderful job demystifying all of lifes most valid problems... and on a friends advice I now ask you- 'what is the price of fame?'

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home