Monday, March 20, 2006

Hemaworstje said...

a tiny one then , take your time
, why is there no wire-less electricity , I detest cables, plugs etc.


Dear Hemaworstje,

A pleasure yet again that I find myself responding to another new visitor to my infant blog. I hope I can provide you with an above adequate answer to your testing trouble.

Your enquiry is a just one. It is up there with all the other great wonders of the world. Indeed, right next to The Hanging Gardens of Babylon you might see the question 'why is there no wireless electricity?' In fact, does anyone remember seeing irritating electric wires protruding from sockets in the wall of the Great Pyramid of Giza? I think not.

This sparks me to discover why this necessary technology has not yet been developed in an age where electricity is paramount and tethers are indescribably short..

Well, it is perhaps not surprising that we are not the first people to come up with such a question...

In this interesting evaluation of the options of Wireless Electricity, 'Tom' (clearly one of the wandering wise men of the Internet) kindly explains the current options:

Tom begins by saying how we COULD have a source of electricity, turn it into light, and shine this light everywhere t solar panels etc. but this would be immensely inefficient (losing around 80% of the original energy) and keeping everyone up at night with the incessent use of light. I can see this is not ideal.

Tom also says that we COULD bounce microwaves off the ionosphere into our appliances - but that would mean us all turning into microwaved human kievs for the thunderrodents to slurp up once we're gone.

Or, Tom's final solution is to make energy and carry it places - not exactly what Hemaworstje and I had in mind I feel.

Well, thanks a lot Tom for your suggestions - very wise, but doesn't quite give us our solution. It looks like the chances of wireless electricity appearing any time soon are slim. Or are they? Here is what I conclude to be our only two options following an agonising and informative investigation:

Option 1) We wire up the thunderrodents to the national grid. We then train our domestic animals, cats, dogs etc. to lick the thunderrodents at all available oppotunities. "Aha!", you might say, "well how is this possible if the domestic pets have already been entranced". Not an issue. A fully charged electric thunderrodent is in no position to hypnotise pets. So this will leave our cats and dogs free to act as carriers of electricity, transfering the charge from thunderrodent to kitchen appliances, computers, and even mobile phones at our will. (I suggest only using this on obedient pets or things could get messy.)

Option 2) We embrace the life of the human kiev, make friends with the over-sized oven chips and baked beans, and live in a microwaved haven where electricity is open and garlic sauce is still far too hot to put in your mouth without burning your tongue.

I trust this conclusion is to your satisfaction.

Until the next time,

Hugh Evans PI


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other night when watching 'Footloose' (kevin Bacons electrifying performance & deserving rise 2 stardom film... amazing!)I was suddenly caught up in the 80s nostalgia & whilst dancing to all the wonderful soundtrack there was 1 particular songs lyrics that got me thinking; that being 'Bonnie Tylers'- 'Holding out for a Hero'... If you don't recall it, it goes...

"Where have all the good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Hercules
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream
of what I need

[Chorus]

I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder end rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

[Chorus]

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I would swear that there's someone somewhere
Watching me

Through the wind end the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like the fire in my blood"

...so bringing it back to my question:- PLEASE Huge PI- I mean HUGH PI can you tell me- Where Have all the good men gone? & what should I do to keep him, that is if I'm lucky enough to find him.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Hemaworstje said...

thanks , so i keep getting stuck with buttugly cables.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Hemaworstje said...

cute , not what i wante , but what i expected , thanks for the swift reply.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home